Guardian ad Litem Volunteers are trained as child advocates for abused and neglected children. These child advocates are paired with attorney advocates, supported by staff, who work together to champion a child's needs in court. Child advocates promote a safe and permanent home for children. A child with a GAL Advocate is much less likely to re-enter the foster care system.
- As of March 25, 2020, 56 Johnston County Children are awaiting the assignment of their GAL Advocate
- In Johnston County, 23 black children, 2 Hispanic children and 29 white children are awaiting the assignment of a GAL.
- 23 Girls and 35 boys are awaiting the assignment of their GAL in Johnston County
- Currently, there are 50 Johnston County Citizen volunteers serving as GALs.
- Visit volunteerforgal.org for more information and to submit your application.