Chamber recognizes outstanding citizens at 42nd Annual Meeting
SMITHFIELD - The Smithfield-Selma Chamber of Commerce held its 42nd Annual Meeting on January 30. 2012. Highlighting the night was the naming of Downtown Smithfield Development Corporation Director Chris Johnson as the area's Citizen of the Year.
During the eveing, the Chamber unveiled a new logo, told the members that over $103,000 had been pledged for its capital campaign and presented a number of other awards, including:
- Citizen of the Year, sponsored by Woody's Computing Service - Chris Johnson (Downtown Smithfield Development Corp.)
- Distinguished Citizen from Smithfield, sponsored by Dees, Jackson, Jackson & Associates - Tommy Williford (Wheels & Deals)
- Distinguished Citizen from Selma, sponsored by Keith Brinson, J.C. Farm Bureau IOnsurance - Charles "Peg" Woodall (Retired)
- Chamber Athena Award, sponsored by CORESTAFF SERVICES - Rosa Andrews (Johnston Community College Small Business Center)
- 1st Jimmy Creech Small Business Person of the Year - Dr. Dicky Parrish (Selma dentist)
- 2nd Jimmy Creech Small Business Persons of the Year - Michael & Kelly Smith (Zaxby's of Smithfield & Clayton)
- Howard Best Award for Outstaning Member of the Board of Directors, sponsored by W. Landis Bullock Industrial Contractor Supply - Jason Wenzel (Narron, O'Hale & Whittington, PA)
- Chamber Ambassador of the Year, sponsored by Watson, Cooke & Jones, PA - Kelly Aycock (KS Bank)
- Past Board Chair Award - Keith Brinson (Johnston County Farm Bureau Insurance)
Approximately 200 people attended the banquet at the Johnston County Agricultural Center.